[3830] CQWW CW YB9/K1XM M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YB9/K1XM M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 09:46:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YB9/K1XM
Operator(s): K1XM KQ1F
Station: YB9/K1XM

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Indonesia
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    9     7        8
   40:  313    27       85
   20:  585    28       96
   15:  345    25       81
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Made, YB9AY and the staff of the Bali Wirasana Inn.

A small multi-single, one radio, two operators.  Our baggage was at the limit
with scuba gear so the old IC-706 IIg came along in a carry-on hidden under a
camera.

The YB9/K1XM callsign confused people.  Most got it after a couple tries but one
operator copied something like YB9XOK/M and a half-dozen attempts to fix it were
unsuccessful.  At one point he sent back my K1XM callsign but he still couldn't
put the parts together and I eventually gave up.
As far as I know this is the first time a YB/ portable was used for a contest
operation.  Maybe the CQ committee should consider not penalizing people who
copied it incorrectly.

The score isn't very big but it is higher than the category winner from Oceanea
last year.  So who knows?

And we missed out on the frigid weather back home.  It is 22 degrees here -
that's what the air conditioner is set for.  If I weren't so tired I'd go for a
swim in the pool.