[3830] CQWW CW WB8WKQ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, seismadude2@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WB8WKQ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 19:21:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   19     8       11
   80:   82    13       40
   40:  117    13       51
   20:  355    24       83
   15:   89    18       49
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Extremely fun contest!  This was my rookie season and I had a "ball".
Now, I wasn't trying to be competitive, just S&Ping and seeing who I could
work.  Think I only tried running twice, each time not for long and with limited
success.  Probably should have tried to search more for mults than Q's, but
again was only having fun.  Went unassisted, so wasn't sure where all the
"rare" mults were.  I intend to use this data as a baseline for next
time, because I really liked this contest and see a lot of room for improvement
next time.  Also learned a lot about my station/antennas.  Maybe there will be
improvement on my 40M antenna before next contest.  Slept and went out both
Friday and Saturday nights, so this contest didn't interfere with anything I
wanted to do outside of radio...i.e. "The Perfect Contest".  Enjoyed
hearing JA's again for the first time in a long time.  Got 7Q7 on 15M for what
maybe deemed as a rare mult and zone.  Didn't hear "squat" on 10M, and
checked it 4 or 5 times.  Look forward to improving my score next year.  Great
contest, possibly my new favorite!