[3830] CQWW CW VK2IA SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2ia@vkcc.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VK2IA SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 06:56:53 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VK2IA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK2IA

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Ocean View
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80:
   40: 2412    34      121
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

First CQWW from my new contest QTH which I am sharing with VK4CT. Over the last
10 years, John has set up a station and infrastructure on a few acres which we
are planning to develop into a competitive contest station in the future.

The first directional antenna that went up was a rotatable 3 el yagi for 40
together with a 2 el wire beam in the trees fixed to NA. Both definitely passed
with honours!

Great condx on day 1, worse on day 2. Summer QRN was quite severe at times on
both days, but that's pretty normal for this latitude. A man-made noise issue on
the first day was resolved just in time for the LP opening into EU.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about crowded bands and super signals
at the other end :(. It's good to see that activity levels in CQWW and other
contests are still on the way up.

Enjoyed the competition with Kevin VK6LW on the other side of the country about
3,200km away. Comparing our logs will be an interesting exercise.
Thanks for all the Qs and a weekend of fun!
73
Bernd vk2ia