[3830] CQWW CW PJ4K M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ4K M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 20:32:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4K
Operator(s): N3RD WA3LRO K1XX W1MD
Station: PJ4K

Class: M/M HP
QTH: PJ4
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  378    22       77
   80: 1368    29      101
   40: 1024    36      128
   20: 2614    35      141
   15: 1260    29       96
   10:    7     4        5
------------------------------

Club: 1/4 FRC, 1/2 FCG, 1/4 No Club

Comments:

CQ WW CW (The Big One) found the PJ4K team back on the island for more station
building, but with a higher emphasis on battle testing low band TX and RX
antennas.  A new 160m vertical dipole was installed as well as an experimental
broadside array of short receiving verticals dedicated to 80m.  After the SSB
event and before we left, we installed the first of the new 15 and 20m antennas
at 155' and 145' respectively, and fed them some RF this weekend for the first
time.  All the new armament worked very well.

We were still setting up our 2-station M/M at the start, but once we got going
45 minutes later, we managed to keep the station on the air for all 48 hours,
although at times only one radio was attended due to other things vying for our
attention.  Our team was reduced to 3-1/2 when three fellows could not make the
trip unexpectedly.

73 - Dave N3RD for the PJ4K Team