[3830] ARRL 160 NA7TB M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ars-ky7m@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NA7TB M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 15:12:49 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NA7TB
Operator(s): KY7M AA7A
Station: NA7TB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1264  Sections = 82  Countries = 39  Total Score = 356,708

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Horrendous storm QRN on Friday night hurt our ability to run our usual rates and
absolutely hurt our ability to hear weak DX stations.  The noise slowly subsided
as we passed midnite local time on Friday and we worked a good number of JA
stations into Saturday morning.  The second night was much improved for QRN.  We
apologize for all the repeat requests on Friday night, but now you know the
reason, 20dB noise from storms out west of us.

Despite a lower QSO count than last year, we edged past our raw score with more
mults from Europe.  Improvements to our Beverage switching network this year
(rebuilt by AA7A) seemed to make the difference.  Of course, Milt's amazing
8-Circle 160m transmit array is what makes this station tick and what gets us
through the pile-ups to the DX stations.  His legacy lives on.

Thanks for all the Qs.  Next up is the Stew Perry at the end of the month.

73, Lee KY7M