[3830] ARRL 160 N5ZO M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.n5zo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N5ZO M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:39:34 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N5ZO
Operator(s): N5ZO N6NC
Station: N5ZO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 501  Sections = 78  Countries = 12  Total Score = 95,580

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Casual operation just less than 13 hrs on air splitted almost evenly by me
operating on site home and Larry N6NC remoting in.
Antenna top fed 1/4 wave sloper force fed with tuner.  2 200 ft long BOGs US BOG
elevated to 3-4 ft and JA BOG on ground.  Not much use this time.
K-3 and Alpha 87A.

I think few hundred more US Qs and some JAs would have been possible if we would
have put in more BIC time.  TX antenna keeps impressing me how well it seems to
work, almost worked all I heard and many times got through when multiple
stations calling.

Missed sections: NNY, PR, AK, NL, NT.  Saw AK spotted many times (WL7E) but
never heard him.  VO1HP appeared on 2nd night but was gone shortly with too many
callers geographically between us.

Tnx for Qs de Marko N5ZO