[3830] ARRL 160 WA1T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2cei@downeastmicrowave.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WA1T M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 21:55:02 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WA1T
Operator(s): WA1T N2CEI
Station: WA1T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 1124  Sections = 80  Countries = 49  Total Score = 346,494

Club:

Comments:

With our first frost earlier in the week, and the 160M band getting quieter , we
though this weekend would  have been  a little better.
BUT-- at contest start, it was 78 degrees, raining and we could hear thunder all
around us. So-- the rain static came and went but the base line noise level out
here in the Pine Tree Farms of North Florida that is a normally S0-S1 was
sitting up at S4-S5. Workable in a contest? Of coarse it is! Its a contest! But
add in the steady steam of Lightning crashes and it simply knocked our QSO
totals way down  with  the ability to dig the DX out of it all. We spent more
time watching the Lighting Maps vs the Spots.  We know there were stations that
called us that we could not work or needed many repeats on to get them in the
log. We thank you for your effort and very sorry if we did not work you.
76 5 pointers the first night , 69 the 2nd.  Missed WY,AK,and NT
See you latter on in the season!
Steve