[3830] CQWW CW PJ4Q(@PJ4DX) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hwardsil@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ4Q(@PJ4DX) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 00:36:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4Q
Operator(s): S53R N0AX PJ4NX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  377    18       65
   80:  875    23       87
   40: 2457    34      125
   20: 2586    30      115
   15: 1619    28      102
   10:   30    11       14
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to Steve PJ4DX and Eva for kind hosting and support of our operation from
the Kas Iguana (Iguana House) garden!  Bert PJ4KY loaned us an amplifier -
mahalo. Dave PJ4VHF provided a crucial resistor for a receiving loop.  Robert
S53R flew in from Rome and ate the bands UP - a QSO machine!  And thanks to
Peter PJ4NX for keeping all the stuff between contests :-)

40 meters was just ridiculous all weekend!  20 meters wasn't too shabby either
although the polar path was just too week - another few points of flux and we
would have experienced a deep opening to Zone 25/24.  And the low bands - yikes!
 Great conditions for a deep solar minimum.  Nothing like a quiet ionosphere.

The station punches well above its weight.  Spiderbeam and Hexbeam at 30 feet
for 20/15/10.  Pair of phased verticals and a dipole at 30 feet for 40 meters.
Full-size vertical for 80 meters.  Inverted vee for 160.  K9AY loop for receive
on 160/80.  Rigs were both FT-5000 with Acom 1500 and Alpha 9500 amps.  We ran
N1MM+ for logging software.

Thanks to all for QSOs.  Sorry about the late report - we had a computer hiccup
due to failing USB ports and it took Brad WF7T a couple of days to get the
complete log put back together and verified.  Then it took me a couple of more
days to stop procrastinating and post the results :-)

73, Ward N0AX