[3830] ARRL 160 KN4DUA(@WK9M) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ac6zm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KN4DUA(@WK9M) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 14:40:04 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KN4DUA
Operator(s): AC6ZM WK9M KF4DKW KV4XY
Station: WK9M

Class: M/S LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 125  Sections = 46  Countries = 3  Total Score = 12,691

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Extremely difficult conditions due to storms in the TN region (Saturday worse
than Friday). We still managed to work many stateside stations. We could hear
light copy from Europe, but couldn't work them. Good part of the event was we
got use the new TS-890 (Kenwood)for the first time (complements of WK9M).
Roofing filters and waterfall display are great. The rig is a bit large for 100
watts but it is a very nice radio. The antenna was a Carolina Windom (265 ft) up
25 feet at Apex. Managed to work a few TCG members.