[3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 23:42:50 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 1:44

   CW:  36     17
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  36     17  Total Score = 2,448

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

This was the 6m version of the Florida QSO party, for me. (At least on Sunday)

The 24' high, Cushcraft A2S's (not a typo) SWR was 4:1...ugh.  Amp still seemed
happy to give me a few hundred watts out anyways.  I need to sort out the
spinning propeller director, which I think is full of ice on one side....now
hangs vertically no matter what I've tried.

N1MM+ calls it 1:44hrs, but that doesn't really include any "tuning around
listening for different flavours of white noise" time. (nor nodding off at
the key,while your CQ message bleats out,  time)

Weirdest thing heard was on/near 28.029MHz, an SSB station who was "Dan in
NorthEast Georgia" working strangely numbered stations.(out of band,
unlicensed bootlegging I guess). He refused to work my CW transmissions despite
multiple attempts to talk him into it.

NB (VE9) was well represented with VE9HF & VE9CB putting in firm and firmer
pants efforts compared to myself.( I am such a disappointment to the solid pants
movement)

Almost no one moved the S-meter on Sunday, except the locals and D4C (529).
Conversely, on Saturday, several DX and several Texans (I recall NX5M) were
>S9

Such is life on VHF, with a spotless face on Ol' Sol

Mike VE9AA FN66, errrr, in New Brunswick.