[3830] ARRL 10 K7VIT SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gtwilson@k7vit.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K7VIT SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 00:51:49 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7VIT
Operator(s): K7VIT
Station: K7VIT

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: USA-OR
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:   0     0
  SSB:  23     8
-------------------
Total:  23     8  Total Score = 368

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

With apologies to Charles Dickens, "It was the best of times, it was the
worst of times ...."   Saturday morning local time started well with some
terrific E-skip to the southeastern US and some South American contacts.  I
experienced some very localized skip conditions with very strong signals.  The
conditions were very similar to what we might expect with a 6 meter opening.
Unfortunately, it seemed overall activity levels were down, at least in our
area.  It seems my QSO count was the lowest in years.  Too bad for those who
missed out.  The E-skip was thrilling and visiting with the locals who showed up
was fun.  Please let there be increased solar flux!

Thanks to all who answered my calls.  73,  Jerry

P.S. Great to hear many Willamette Valley DX Club members on.