[3830] ARRL 10 NR4O SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb1ri@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NR4O SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 01:39:35 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   CW:   87    25
  SSB:   47    18
-------------------
Total:  134    43  Total Score = 19,006

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Operated when I saw activity on the band scope.  Friday evening started with a
couple local folks than a few stations from ME, NB, and QC.  Then things shifted
southwest to AR, LA, TX, AL and OK with odd NY showing up.  Then a few FL before
the band decided to go quiet about 0400Z.  Back on at 1400Z with a string of TX
and LA.  Then things to shifted to the northwest and WI, MN, KS, IL, IA, MO and
IN until 1800Z when southwest and west came alive with a few XE states, UT, MO,
bunch of CA, AZ, NV and a NM, an OR and surprise HI before things shutdown
around 2030Z.   I probably could have had more Q's if I felt comfortable with my
code skills to run.  Most of the time if I heard them I could work them with
exception of PJ4DX.  I didn't hear the South Americans even though other NC
stations were spotting them.  My wires just don't hear that well to the south.
Worked just a few stations between 0200-0230Z including a MS mult.  After that I
all I heard were a few of the locals on Sunday.  I guess the snow, ice and rain
from winter storm Diego on the wires didn't help improve reception or
propagation in the Raleigh area.  It did look pretty in the yard for a little
while in the morning.  I think that's the most 10M Q's I've made in quite while.
   It was also odd not to work any PVRC'rs from VA or MD. As always, thanks for
the Q's.

73,
Eric