[3830] ARRL 10 K3KU SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K3KU SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 14:38:49 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   CW:  63      8
  SSB:  19      4
-------------------
Total:  82     12  Total Score = 3,770

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

In and out of the shack Saturday evening (from 0030Z) and Sunday.  Surprised
that it added up to only 3 hrs (so says N1MM+; but logging software does not
know how much time you spent listening before/after the first/last QSO of an
'on' period).

As usual, 100W and a dipole operates in a parallel universe from the big gun
stations. Band seemed noisy, but maybe that's because I had the AF and RF gain
both wide open.  My audio perception (at least on CW) seems to depend on a
minimum level as well as SNR.

Tons of PVRC (4 mults each mode); four FRC (all CW -- two PA, one each NJ and
DE); several FL; and two Uruguay (heard a third one, but his pileup was so much
bigger that I had no chance to get through; go figure).  Only other things heard
were an ESP-level K2 working one of the Uruguayans (data base says he was in NY)
and N8II calling an inaudible N0 (data base says he was in CO; don't know if
Jeff got him).  But who knows if those stations were even where the data base
says they are licensed.

Anyhow, I still like working W/VE, so it was a fun few hours.