[3830] ARRL 10 WX3B SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WX3B SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 17:28:06 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 1.9

   CW:   75    21
  SSB:   58    19
-------------------
Total:  133    40  Total Score = 16,640

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Timing is everything.  Got on Saturday around 2:00pm and the band was HOPPING
with stations to the south and stations to the west, including some very loud AZ
and CA stations.  Ran a few, pounced a few.  Sunday was slower, so I put my
antenna up north and worked the northern states and a few Canadians.

Discovered I have an intermittent RX attenuation problem with *something* at my
shack...receive would be occasionally returned about 3db weaker than it should
have been until power was applied by keying the transmitter again.  Typically,
this ends up being a water-log hardline connector, and this connection is 14
years old.  Have to eliminate all indoor variables first!!  A long tradition is
blaming this on a dirty amplifier relay (which I believe I have been doing for
several years).  It's NOT the amplifier this time.

I am always impressed by the many PVRCers I work from multiple states in this
contest.  PVRC we extremely well represented this past weekend.  Conditions were
better than I anticipated, particularly after the way 10 meters behaved in CQWW
CW.

Merry Christmas/Happy holidays to all and best wishes in 2019!

73,

Jim   WX3B