[3830] TBDC K7QA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7QA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 00:01:01 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT DN26
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 396  Total Score = 2,860

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Spent considerable time during the snowy Christmas break optimizing a 2 tower
switchable array with yagi top loading and lots of extra radials laid on the
frozen turf. AM broadcast DA arrays are in my DNA so this set up complete with
matching networks for each slant wire feed just had to find a place at the new
QTH. Made many trips back and forth to monitor points to verify gain and F/B.
Seemed to perform quite well.

Started out with low power and decided to stay low for my 10 hours of action.
Condx to the eastern US were quite good and could hold a run freq. Had to wait
in line to catch the sparse DX heard. Several KH6s, KV4FZ, NP2J and PJ2T but no
EU and only a few JAs worked early Sunday morning. JA3YBK was as usual quite
loud.

Tnx for the Qs and HNY!