[3830] TBDC W8WTS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@w8wts.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W8WTS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 02:33:33 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W8WTS
Operator(s): W8WTS
Station: W8WTS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Auburn Twp., OH
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 590  Total Score = 2,882

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to everyone for their QSOs.  It was a most enjoyable contest, my first
attempt at a full fourteen hour run in TBDC.  Unlike most contests, the order of
finish is hard to predict because of the LP and QRP scoring multipliers.

My distribution of QSOs among distance ranges showed far less DX than I would
have liked.  I worked no VK/ZL or JAs.

Distance (km)  QSOs  %
00000 - 00500   146 24.4
00500 - 01000   233 39.0
01000 - 01500   73  12.2
01500 - 02000   30  5.0
02000 - 02500   15  2.5
02500 - 03000   22  3.7
03000 - 03500   31  5.2
03500 - 04000   6   1.0
04000 - 04500
04500 - 05000
05000 - 05500   2   0.3
05500 - 06000   5   0.8
06000 - 06500   8   1.3
06500 - 07000   10  1.7
07000 - 07500   15  2.5
07500 - 08000   1   0.2

HG8DX gave me my best DX from KN06, 24 points.  QSO rate was not outstanding
either, with my best hour yielding only 94 QSOs.

My log is on line at http://www.w8wts.com/contest_logs/W8WTS20181230.txt.

Congratulations to the category winners and everyone else who enjoyed TBDC 2018.