[3830] RAC Winter N8II SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter N8II SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 03:17:57 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: West Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): ~9

  160:   41      0       6         0
   80:   95     44       7         7
   40:   87     96       6         9
   20:   96     57       7         8
   15:   35      8       5         3
   10:    1      5       1         1
    6:
    2:
Total:  355    210      32        28  Total Score = 179,880

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The 2018 Canada Day event was full of frustrating and boring moments. There was
never a boring moment for me in the Winter RAC. Many ops missed mults and QSO's
on 20M and higher in the first 3 hours. I worked VE9HF on 20 and we ran all 6 of
the HF bands within the next 3-4 minutes around 01Z thanks to sporadic E. It was
a real treat to work ON and QC on 20/40/80M at times when normally there would
be no propagation. I had a run of about 60 stations on 7202 KHz many in the
W1/2/3/4/8 call areas and very close by for 40 at night. In the morning there
was no sporadic E to Canada, but on 20 backscatter was good and Atlantic Canada
and MB to the west were loud all morning after the sun rose to the west. 15 was
open to F/G/S5 as well as ON and QC on scatter as well as SK/AB/BC. I never
heard NU,NT,YT. Just before 18Z, I had to QRT to drive my daughter to the
Baltimore airport to return to CO, so was off for nearly 5 hours. Considering
that, the results were quite a pleasant surprise!

Thanks for the QSO's. There is still room for better activity, but QC/ON/SK and
MB
in particular were well represented. Most all of the stations I heard could hear
my LP, fb!

73 and HNY, Jeff