[3830] TBDC K0XP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0xp@k0xp.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K0XP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2019 07:39:19 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K0XP
Operator(s): K0XP
Station: K0XP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): <<14

Total:  QSOs = 104  Total Score = 637

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Antenna : Appr. 13M random sloping wire in pine tree (photo available if
required, but will have to do it while appearing to take pictures of the local
hummingbirds to keep the neighbors from wondering what I'm taking a pic of and
keep the HOA at bay). ALL of the "lawn" and other "green
area" in this "senior living community" is HOA-owned, so the
total property size is just the concrete slab on which the house sits, roughly
50' x 75', or around 3750 sq. ft. more-or-less.

My first time in the SP. I wasn't real surprised at what I could work with just
100W and my pipsqueak random wire, but I was really surprised to work KL7SB on
first call even though he was barely audible, and even my best DX, KV4FZ (after
a dozen tries). RT0F and many JAs were booming in but unworkable. The noise
level in asia must be lots worse than here in an urban US location.