[3830] RTTY Roundup GU0SUP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pcooper@suremail.gg
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup GU0SUP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 19:16:30 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: GU0SUP
Operator(s): GU0SUP
Station: GU0SUP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:    29       0
   40:    43       0
   20:   133       0
   15:     0       0
   10:     0       0
-----------------------
Total:   205       0  State/Prov = 34  Countries = 42  Total Score = 15,580

Club:

Comments:

With A=22 conditions weren't great at the start of the contest. Many stations
were at the noise floor, making copy difficult.
I started on 40m, then quickly moved to 80m, but it was hard work, so I gave up
after about 90mins, and started again at 0630 on Sunday morning.
EU stations were weak here, but I managed to work a few US STates on 80m, which
was good.
This afternoon was better, with 20m full of RTTY signals. I kept going up to
around 14130 and tuning down, working what I could hear.

I didn't want to swap between RTTY and FT8, so made this a RTTY-only contest.
Maybe it would have been better to do all FT8, but I am not sure I like the idea
of FT8 as a contest mode yet. Given the number of emails flying about, it looks
as though there were some integration issues, so maybe I made the right choice.

It was nice to log some old friends, and some new ones too.

Happy New Year to all

Phil GU0SUP