[3830] RTTY Roundup KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 00:27:57 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 20:06

   80:    78       0
   40:   244       0
   20:   164       0
   15:    27       0
   10:     0       0
-----------------------
Total:   513       0  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 35  Total Score = 44,631

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Had a BLAST with this contest! Came into the contest with a new horizontal loop
and a newly relocated Super loop both @ 35 feet. The Super Loop really did much
better than the horizontal loop, and was able to work EU for the first time, as
in the past the super loop was too low and blocked by many trees. Bands were not
that great in my opinion, but Q's were steady. Had openings to the West ,North
and South stateside, worked alot of Mid-west and Florida stations on 15-80
meters. Only a few small openings to Central and South America on 20, 40, &
80. Nice opening to EU Sunday morning until around noon. After that, it was
mainly stateside on all bands with some EU on 40 Sunday afternoon. Had the
pleasure of working fellow Swamp Foxes N4IQ, K7OM, WN4AFP, & N4VZ. Ran neck
and neck with KS4YX and K7OM for most of Saturday, and then battled it out with
Ron N4VZ and lost! Oh well, you can't win them all and Ron used really good
strategy by collecting lot's of mults early in the contest.Good lesson to learn
as I was leading in score for the better part of Sunday. I am really pleased
though with my results and also with the performance of my new antennas. Many
thanks to all who worked me and see you all in the next contest!

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
Pwr: 100 watts
SDRPlay 2 Panadapter
ANTS: 20/40 Super Loop @ 35\'\\ 272\'horzontal loop @35\'