[3830] RTTY Roundup W4GO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W4GO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 19:10:39 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W4GO
Operator(s): W4GO
Station: W4GO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 21:34

   80:    286      0
   40:    400      0
   20:    450      0
   15:    107      0
   10:      0      0
-----------------------
Total:   1243      0  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 48  Total Score = 129,272

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This contest was a bit of a disappointment in that I had intended to operate the
full 24 hours, but lost about four hours of prime time Saturday
afternoon/evening due to amplifier failure followed by a successful repair.

I cut back on sleep to partially compensate for the lost time and ended up
topping my previous best score in the RU (last year), despite one hour less
operating time and poorer DX propagation (seven fewer countries worked this
year). Chalk it up to being motivated to catch up after the down time.

While I enjoy FT8 and put a near-full-time effort into the inaugural FT8 Roundup
last month, I had little interest in doing FT8 in this contest. My intention was
to switch over to FT8 toward the end only as a last resort if things got
extremely slow on RTTY. But that never happened; my slow spells still had a
higher QSO rate than my peak rates in the FT8 Roundup.

One radio, an amplifier, and a lot of wire in the trees.

Thanks for the QSOs.