[3830] RTTY Roundup W1DYJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W1DYJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 23:40:51 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

   80:    52
   40:    84
   20:   142
   15:    20
   10:     0
-----------------------
Total:   298       0  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 27  Total Score = 22,052

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My third year with this contest.  I'm really starting to like RTTY
contests.  My first goal was to beat last year's score of 12K.  When
I met that I then set a goal of 17K, 10% over last year's "best" MA
score.  When I met that I figured I would just continue and have fun.

I am an FT8 affectionado -- but I decided to stay with RTTY as it
just seems more "contesty".  FT8 is great for DX, but it seems too
mechanical to me for contesting.  I did hear/see a lot of FT8 and
just skipped over those portions of the bands. It did seem that
RTTY signals were farther up the bands this year.  (I saw an email
from someone who said they saw two FT8 Qs INSIDE the two RTTY tones
from another Q.  Certainly possible.)

I did have a secondary goal of Qs with the last four states I need
for MA 5BWAS: 15M: DE, ME, VT / 80M: AK.  Nada.  Oh well.  I missed
CT & VT on any band!

 Rig: TS-2000
 Log: N7YG's Digital Engine >> N3FJP's ARRL RTTY contest Log v3.6
 Antennas:
   80/40  trapped 80/40M dipole @ 10m (modified Alpha Delta DX-CC]
   20  HB Moxon @ 12m
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 11m