[3830] NAQP CW KB7Q(@WA7U) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, geneshea@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KB7Q(@WA7U) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 06:03:23 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KB7Q
Operator(s): KB7Q
Station: WA7U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:  136    38
   80:  233    44
   40:  236    42
   20:  434    49
   15:    9     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1048   177  Total Score = 185,496

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: Arizona Outlaws - Bad Boys

Comments:

I started on 15M and it was open, but soft so I left and did a decent first hour
on 20M. I went back to 15M and found an S5 noise had invaded the 'hood! Ugh.
WA7U took a portable radio and reported back that the noise was covering a 1/4
mile radius. Even the K3's excellent noise blanker only made a slight dent in
the racket.

Only thing to do was to hammer 20m all afternoon, and wring more mults and Q'
out of 80 and 160 meters. That seemed to work as low band conditions were
excellent coast to coast.

Thanks to Todd, WA7U for letting me use his fine station ... again.

73,
Gene, KB7Q