[3830] NAQP CW WQ6X(@W7AYT) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WQ6X(@W7AYT) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 06:33:19 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: W7AYT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Concord, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 09:58

  160:    5     1
   80:   31    10
   40:   31    10
   20:   76    38
   15:   25    14
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  168    73  Total Score = 12,264

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

This was another WQ6X remote operation from W7AYT's QTH in Concord.
The original plan was to run a K3/0 remote to join up with NX6T, however
internet outages in the Fallbrook hills sidelined that idea.
Instead, I ran the FT-1000mp full-bore @100-W into a Comet CHA-250 Vertical
for 40m - 15m (10 never materialized) and the WQ6X Lazy 8jK Sloper for 80 &
160.

Originally, I went to 160 from a QSX invite from AE6Y and ended up running a
frequency (1828.28) to add 4 more QSOs to the 160 statistics.
Overall, band condx SUCKED in the East Bay of San Francisco.
Barely 1/2 of the hoped-for 300 QSOs actually made it to the log.
While 20 was the top operating band, overall it was a BiG disappointment.
A call from NP2X was the last 20-m entry before QSY'ing to 40-meters.
40 meters opened so late that I chose the 00:00z - 01:30z time period for
most of the off time.
While signal levels were quite weak, the pair of Autek QF-1A audio filters
pulled several dozen impossible-to-copy stations right through.  Sometimes
40-year old IC-analog circuitry surpasses 20-yr old solid-state DSP facilities.

LooK for a write up about this GiG at: WQ6X.Blogspot.Com