[3830] NAQP CW NR4M M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@nr4m.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NR4M M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 14:06:10 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NR4M
Operator(s): KN4DEB NR4M
Station: NR4M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:58

  160:  281    49
   80:  512    54
   40:  434    60
   20:  188    43
   15:  128    22
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1543   228  Total Score = 351,804

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

This was a last minute thing, that turned out to be as much about 'Elmering', as
operating. Arnie is a good listener and understands things well.

(I would call him 'smart' or 'intelligent', but then again, there is the story
of going INTO a small cave after a bear, while hunting.  I think I will find it
hard to use those two words, and maybe other, when describing Arnie.)

Anyway, he brought Venison and some bear meat and pizza.  I provided the Makers
Mark, so we were all set.

After testing the waters on 20, with Arnie on 15, I left and went to 40 @ 2000 Z
to make sure I caught it when there was still east coast to be heard.  It was
already hopping.

Arnie eventually went to 20 and then about 2200, or so, while I was still on 40,
he went to 80.

40 became long and rather useless, so about 0130z, I went to 160.

The rest of the evening was spent with us sharing 80 and 160.

Went much better than I expected with my 'too high domestically' antennas.

Started with a light snow here about dusk and we kept our fingers crossed there
would be minimal/no snow static.  Sometimes, witchcraft apparently pays off.  If
there was snow static, not enough to complain about.

73 de Steve, NR4M and Arnie, KN4DEB, the minimal 'Goat Farm' gang.