[3830] NAQP CW VE3RUA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vhfplus@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE3RUA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:06:51 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: VE3RUA
Operator(s): VE3RUA
Station: VE3RUA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 8:30

  160:   66    30
   80:   66    30
   40:  125    39
   20:  148    34
   15:    8     2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  413   135  Total Score = 55,755

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Team: W0AIH Memorial #3

Comments:

Proud to be a part of the Minnesota Wireless Association's tribute to W0AIH.

15 was, basically, a no-show with 27 fewer Qs and 10 fewer mults than last year.
All Qs were either CA or AZ with no other stations copiable. 20 was
disappointing with 6 fewer mults. QSO total was down by 55 and mult total down
by 16 from last year. 20 was also very odd to the west coast with deep, fast,
QSB on some signals. I *know* K6DGW is "Skip" but a quick fade took
out copy of his name so I had to ask for a repeat. No op error on my part, for a
change.

160 was actually quite good but I left no fewer than 6 mults on the table
because stations that were S-5 to S-8 here could not copy me. On the other hand,
folks like N6TR, who was not very strong here, had no problem copying my signal.
Is the difference in the use of receive antennas? I was surprised how well the
Alpha-Delta loaded 160/80/40 meter dipole worked on Top Band.