[3830] NAQP CW KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:45:42 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 8:13

  160:   45    24
   80:   77    31
   40:   63    28
   20:   47    23
   15:   22     9
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  255   116  Total Score = 29,580

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: SFCG REPTILES

Comments:

Very busy contest this year, plenty of stations to work on all bands but 10
meters. Had bad QSB on 15, 20, and 40 all day, but for the most part the band
kept coming back to to workable conditions. Started on 10 but only heard one
station calling so went to 15, then 20. I changed course about two hours into
the contest and went to 40 meters as most of what I was hearing on 15 and 20 was
out to the mid-west and California. Not wanting to have a repeat of the ARRL RU,
I switched to 40 where there were plenty of stations from the East coast and
Canada. Not sure if anyone else had this issue, but there was a terrible ringing
noise sorta like a heterodyne across the entire 40 meter band most of the night.
It was so bad that I could not wear my headphones and no order of filtering
would take it out. I found that I had a very hard time hearing on 80 because the
band had a high noise floor, but I worked tons of stations. 160 was in very good
shape and was very happy to see plenty of stations to work. Did not work any of
my team (SFCG Reptiles)but thought I heard NI7R in passing. Many TNX for all who
worked me, see you in the next contest!

swampfoxcontestgroup.com

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
Pwr: 100 watts