[3830] NAQP CW W1HIS(@W1IMD) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ccc@mit.edu
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W1HIS(@W1IMD) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 22:54:33 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W1HIS
Operator(s): W1HIS
Station: W1IMD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Remote Operation

  160:   24    17
   80:  110    32
   40:  241    37
   20:   44    21
   15:    5     3
   10:
-------------------
Total:  424   110  Total Score = 46,640

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC Lightning Arrestors

Comments:

I thank Paul W1IMD for the use of his excellent station, and John K1ESE for
helping to set it up before the contest.

The radio was Paul's Flex 6300.  The antennas were:

 (1) for 160 m, a full-sized 2-el. quad, fixed-pointed at Europe, unfortunately
for this contest;

 (2) for 80 m, this quad, because it worked better for NA than Paul's 80-m
sloper, which favors EU by 9 dB; and

 (3) for 40, 20, and 15 m, Paul's "MonstER" Yagi (a highly modified
SteppIR MonstIR), pointed at 250 deg azimuth the entire time.  This antenna has
10 dB gain on each band and is 290 feet above ground.

I operated remotely via the Internet, using (1) Flex's SmartSDR for the radio,
(2) VNC Viewer for N1MM Logger Plus and other app's running in the station
computer, and (3) a RemoteRig client-server pair to key the remote TX with my
paddle and to hear audio from the remote radio at my home in Massachusetts.

-Chuck, W1HIS