[3830] NAQP SSB K4BAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4BAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 18:23:57 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   20    14
   80:  178    39
   40:  204    44
   20:  175    44
   15:   20     9
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  598   151  Total Score = 90,298

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC

Comments:

Good activity. Missed most first hour due to lunch with family.  Had a cold
front come through in afternoon.  Had a lot of rain and wind.  Had to shut down
during a severe thunderstorm alert that brought lightning close by.  Had a lot
of QRN and also rain static.  15M was open only to west and NW including KH6CJJ.
 No signals on 10 other than K8LBQ in town who was kind enough to QSY to all
bands with me.  20M was good only to west and north, but skip seemed open.  I
heard a lot of guys from mid west calling others, but not CQing and not
answering me.  Did work VY1AAA, KL7SB, VE8NSD and KH6CJJ on 20.  40 and 80 did
not have long skip zones.  Probably best conditions for W4 area QSOs, but were
weak to west coast and Canada.  Often had hard time running on these bands, but
had a few very good runs, including some W6/W7 stations calling on 80M.  With
compromise antenna on 160M results were about same as usual.  Was discouraging
not to get any answers to CQs and to have a few loud stations not copy.  Am sure
some of that was the result of the big snow storm north of us.  Thanks for all
QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.