[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W5PR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W5PR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:45:10 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  119    56  Total Score = 6,664

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

All 6 meter FT8. No DX other than XE, CM and KP4. Best rate was in the first
hour with 18. Never worked into the northeast or northwest. No VE. I was called
by a VE3, but no contact. When the contest mode was set up in WSJT-X, the CQ
message says "CQ TEST" and the duping thought "TEST" was the
callsign. The only way I could figure out for duping was memory and typing the
call into N1MM+. Maybe someone has figured this out. I copied quite a few
stations that could not hear me. I would first call them on my frequency, then
move to their frequency, but still no contact. They would be 0 db or greater
with me. I am guessing that they are leaving their AGC on and one strong FT8
signal was de-sensing their receivers. I just learned about PSK Reporter about
half way through the first day. It showed I had been copied in EU, SA, JA and
VK, but the conditions had just faded out not to return during the contest. PSK
Reporter has a great map of who has heard you in the last 15 minutes that I kept
on the screen to keep up with the propagation. I wish more people would enable
PSK Reporter in WSJT-X.