[3830] ARRL Jan VHF AD5A SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF AD5A SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:23:56 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  205    84  Total Score = 18,984

Club: Road Runner Microwave Group

Comments:

I've done a few June VHF contests, but my first one in January. This one was fun
and FT8 was the backbone of the contest for me and especially in the 3 Band
category. Also, in this category 100 watts is the max on 6m/2m, so it is a
challenge. At one point or another there were openings to all four corners of
the US and the Caribbean, but no VE. 144 and 432 conditions were not that good,
but thanks to rovers, KA5D, KD5IKG, W5DMB and K5ND I was kept busy chasing them.
I had my new 6m antenna, 7 elements on a 30 ft. boom, built by XE2K/AD6D, that
worked great and was the anchor of my station.