[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K3YDX Single Op Port LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K3YDX Single Op Port LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:27:17 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   9     4  Total Score = 12

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Antennas : 6 METER vertical, interlaced 2 m, 432 MHz. Yagi

Soapbox : Great idea on short trip back to MD on the coldest day of the year to
operate from the Food Lion Parking lot.

Rig plugged into the cigarette lighter socket (do they call them that now?)
Backed power down to 10 watts +/- and scared up a few QSO's.  Was nice to work
some old familiar calls.  I only had about 1 hour to play due to
commitments plus it was to cold holding up the mast the Yagi was on outside the
truck window.  The Yagi blew down 2 times while I was trying to write down log
information.

Lessons learned:  Get a smaller Yagi and taller pole which can be braced and not
hand held!