[3830] NAQP SSB K3CCR M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3CCR M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 03:32:05 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   90    23
   80:  264    38
   40:  439    49
   20:   95    29
   15:   20     7
   10:
-------------------
Total:  908   146  Total Score = 132,568

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. N3UM and
W3GB operated Multi-2 in Jan. 2019 NAQP SSB.

We went at it hard for 12 hrs. and got QSO and claimed-score
totals 1.8 X as big as we got in 2018 with a rather casual effort.
But, we got 2 fewer total mults than in 2018. Two bands, 20 and
80m, caused this odd result. 20m. gave us 20 fewer Qs and 8 fewer
mults than in 2018; skip was very long. We got all but 2 states
in W0,6, and 7, but no W1,2,8, or 9 states and only 3 in W3 and
W4. 80m. gave us 57 more Qs but 3 fewer mults than in 2018; skip
was short.  We got all but ME in the east and midwest, but only
3 states in W0 and 2 states in W7.

In sharp contrast, 40m. was good long AND short, with 60 more Qs
than 80, 15, and 20 m. combined! On 40m. we missed only DE in the
East, NM, and 4 W7 states of the 48 contiguous states plus DC.

W3GB made all our Qs on 80m, running for 70% of them, and all but
27 of our Qs on 20m. N3UM made all our Qs on 40 m, running for
90% of them, all 20 Qs on 15m, and all but 5 of our Qs on 160m.
No plan to do that, it just happened.

We were pleased that our combined QSO total in each hr. was
between 50 and 142 for all but 2 hrs, and that we averaged
76 Qs/hour over the 12 hrs.

On all bands we missed only DE and HI in the US, but 7 of 13 VE pvs.