[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K7BWH/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, barry@k7bwh.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF K7BWH/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 22:42:33 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  143    32  Total Score = 5,436

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

I wanted to visit some mountaintop spots in the Olympic Peninsula that I'd heard
about but never seen. So in this January VHF contest, I took the ferry across
Puget Sound and activated rare grid squares CN77 Mt Octopus on Saturday, and
CN78 North Point on Sunday. I set up all day long as a portable station with
modest power and fairly big antennas. It's such good fun to work stations up and
down the coast from British Columbia to Idaho to California. FT8 let me collect
several new and distant grids but it's awfully slow going. My thanks go to all
the many PNW rovers, especially Rod WE7X/R who explored even more spots in these
remote grids.