[3830] CQ160 CW W4QO Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@w4qo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W4QO Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 18:24:53 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W4QO
Operator(s): W4QO
Station: W4QO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total:  QSOs = 112  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 2  Total Score = 10,793

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Contests are always such learning experiences (and fun).  I learned that not all
tuners will tune (when they are as old as mine) to 160M.  I used a 40M EDZ at 60
feet the first night just for a few minutes.  But on Saturday, I decided to try
a different match for my 199' inverted L.   Put an old Heathkit SA-2060A at the
base.  It tuned up nicely so ran that on the second evening.  Worked another 100
stations in 2.5 hours at 5 watts (KX3).  Most contacts were first call.  A few
required a fill and about a half dozen never quite heard me, giving up and
calling CQ again.  That's fine and the way it should be done.  Tells me they
just do not hear me.  72, de W4 Quaker Oats