[3830] CQ160 CW K9YC Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K9YC Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 20:29:49 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: SCV
Operating Time (hrs): 11:40

Total:  QSOs = 413  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 20  Total Score = 82,052

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Does everyone on the east coast have a 4-square and beams it to EU until past EU
sunrise?  It's either that or conditions were lousy -- for most of both nights,
I had a hard time hearing big stations on the east coast that were spotted
almost continuously.

Like all DX contests sponsored by CQ and ARRL, this one continues to be for east
coast stations only. The sole exceptions are WPX. W1SJ and AA1K were spotted
virtually all of both nights, but ALWAYS beaming EU. I wasn't able to work them
until after 08Z. And I'm running 1.5kW to full size quarter wave verticals and
listening on two reversible Beverages! These lousy scoring rules are the reason
activity is almost non-existent in SA, ZM4T was the only ZL who seemed to be
active, and I never saw VK spotted.

Conditions were quite poor to AS, and have been most of the season. I worked
only a half dozen JA/UA0 stations at their sunset Sunday night, and none
Saturday night. On the positive side, I made two EU QSOs at their sunrise Sunday
morning, my first CW QSOs with EU in five years!