[3830] CQ160 CW NR5M(K5GA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW NR5M(K5GA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 21:19:41 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): K5GA
Station: NR5M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Tx
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 1031  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 44  Total Score = 303,900

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

It was fun to participate without physical issues before, during or after the
contest due to my illness. But I wanted to give my body a chance, a test sort
of. I did not know how I would handle upwards of 30 hours in the chair. So far
so good as they say. However I will not be reporting back to my doctors about
the weekend.

Lost 2 hours of prime operating time the first night when the 4 square failed at
0300Z. It was not fun being in the field at that hour fixing said antenna's
control box.

Heavy thunderstorms arrived the second night in perfect sync with the European
sunrise. It was tough having to take the headphones off but it allowed me to
take a 90 minute nap which helped me make it to sunrise.

Had a short run of Europeans both nights around 0200Z, each contact being a
challenge.

Had a short run of Japanese/Siberians the first night at 0800Z, each contact
being more of a challenge than the European challenge.

I apologize to our European friends for being an alligator but the NE beverage
was very noisy for some reason thus not much help in pulling out the stations
calling. They were there after most CQs but I simply couldn't get them in the
log.

A big thank you to George and Kenny for their continued support of my efforts.
It is a true honor to be allowed to use the station, especially on a moment's
notice.