[3830] CQ160 CW DL6FBL Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bernd.fd@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW DL6FBL Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 23:05:17 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: DL6FBL
Operator(s): DL6FBL
Station: DL6FBL

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: JO31CQ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1481  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 83  Total Score = 1,065,220

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Propagation was down from last year. First night brought only about 100 NA's in
the log, and ended with ~130 QSOs less. Second night was not much better, but
brought another 150 NA's. Right when the band started to open in the morning, at
0616z the radio stopped transmitting (30-years old FT-1000D). First I didn't
realize it really was the radio and started investigating on the wrong end,
wasting precious time before just firing up the next 30-years old FT-1000D from
the shelf. Finally at exactly 0700z I was back on the air. 45 minutes Prime Time
lost. Propagation must have been very fine, as I was surprised to really hear
West Coast when checking multipliers.
Between 0702z and 0729z I worked two CA, and one NV, AZ, CO, UT, OR, NM, WA, ID
each. Last one was AC6DD (CA) at 0741z, 17 minutes after "sunrise".
Last evening was exhausting as always with little response on CQ's and happy
clicking on new stations coming in over RBN.