[3830] CQ160 CW VE3BR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3br@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE3BR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 01:21:30 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN03es
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 438  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 12  Total Score = 135,616

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Orion + AL-80B @ ~700 W
Antenna: DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band Vertical
Software: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.7492.0

The usual whining: sleep deprivation after a tough work week + being called for
work related escalations several times during both nights, no RX antenna, no
resonant TX antenna... Still trying to figure out why I try contesting on 160. I
think there must be something in me similar to a bus driver who wants to be an
airline pilot: wedging the accelerator pedal down with a heavy object, securing
the steering wheel with some old rope, and then strolling back along the bus
chatting casually to the passengers... The likely end results for an aspiring
bus driver and for me contesting on 160 are pretty similar too :)