[3830] CQ160 CW EI0R Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, turnbull@net1.ie
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW EI0R Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 12:57:51 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: EI0R
Operator(s): EI6FR EI2KC EI3KE EI2CN
Station: EI0R

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 36

Total:  QSOs = 1533  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 77  Total Score = 1,177,479

Club:

Comments:

The first night was "stinko" for propagation; our furthest west QSO
was Arizona with only a partial coverage of eastern states.  On Saturday night
and Sunday morning propagation improved though and several CA, WA and OR
stations were worked.   With the exception of DC there was a pretty clean sweep
of the east coast.

As to be expected the afternoons were a slog but as night came it became much
more fun.     Heard JA but was not worked.    JT though picked up with relative
ease by EI2KC.

Our merry band is happy enough with the results which though down on last year
are better than expected Friday night.

I observe once again that the big help here is the Hi-Z 8-Circle for 160M only.
 This beast is 200' or 60M in diameter and is located in the corner of a field
away from most noise sources.   The location is rural anyway so we are
fortunate.

The results of this contest as with most contests very much depends on your
geographic location.   We really compete with ourselves and those within the
same geographic area.   Being in EI has its advantages especially when to the
best of my knowledge no other Multi-op station is running.   It is harder from G
or DL lands or one can compare an East Coast NA QTH to one on the Great Plains.

This is a hobby and it is fun.   Thanks for all the activity - wow the P3 band
scope was full.

I must remember next year to occasionally send a long CQ as skimmers do not
always pick up a single CQ or test.

K3 and P3 with large VDU display for band scope.
SPE Expert 2k-FA amp at 1450 watts  allowed 1500W for contests in EI

Inverted L at 30M vertical (100') using well over 125 radials of approximately
33 meter length

RX antenna Hi-Z 160M only 8 Circle 60M diamter (200') quiet and very directive
antenna.

Micro Keyer II

WinTest