[3830] CQ160 CW OM0M Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OM0M Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 12:59:04 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: OM0M
Operator(s): OM3CGN OM0WR OM8AW
Station: OM0M

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: CANA
Operating Time (hrs): 38

Total:  QSOs = 1535  State/Prov = 35  Countries = 78  Total Score = 875,603

Club: DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Wow what a weekend.

The contest was dedicated to Rx Antennas comparison.
There is no space for any beverages at OM0M.
We are using RX 4SQ with footprint of 20*20m which is 1/8 lambda.
So far the best Rx antenna. Was used for the reference.

I am obsessed by YCCC 9circle from time when a seen the
Eznec model results .
RDF12.1dB and performance like 270m beverage.

We were purchased the kits from DXE.
VNA measurement confirmed the right phase and current distribution.
We were finished the setup at Friday evening.
You can see the report at:

https://app.box.com/s/t88drhmf2b4wuxa5a6h0braf7bhnxdb5

We found out that several direction not pointing correctly.
What a disappointment.
First night condition was complete disaster. Only 3 USA .
RX4SQ outperformed the 9C without the doubt.
We spent the next morning with phase and amp checking. Everything worked
perfectly.

We are running 150m of coax to reach the control box and avoid the mutual
coupling with existing towers.
We checked the voltage drop on control line and bingo one wire not connected.

 Repaired and system started to working as designed.

F/B measured on spectrum analyzer showed circa 25dB.

Yabba Dabba Doo!

The 9C comparison against the RX 4SQ finally begun.

The difference is huge.

Reception on 9C allowed to dig out marginal sigs from EU as well as Dxs rarely
audible on 4SQ .

Condition on second night was better but still the worst in last 10 years.

Activity was huge.

Fighting in JA window is appalling war.

No solid JA opening at all.

The overall MULTS number is caused by only one TCVR and dog tiredness from
antenna building.
But we are on road now .

PFX     QTY
3V      1