[3830] ARRL Jan VHF WA7JTM Single Op Port QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pscolawa7jtm@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF WA7JTM Single Op Port QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 14:15:43 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  155    28  Total Score = 7,000

Club:

Comments:

For the VHF contest this year the Arizona SOTA group had 22 portable QRP
operators on 15 different SOTA summits on Sunday morning. Most of the summits
activated were in the Phoenix metropolitan area, but a few were more remote,
like South of Tucson, and Yuma. We all got on the air at roughly the same time
on Sunday morning.

I operated as a QRP Portable from a SOTA Summit in the Phoenix Metro Area. My
first contact Sunday morning was at 1452, and my last contact was at 1957, so 5
hours and 5 minutes on the air. In that time I managed to make 155 contacts with
28 multipliers on Five bands with my QRP/5 watts or less set up.

The activity was spectacular on all of the bands up thru 1296, with some big
pileups on almost every band at times. Between the SOTA ops, the Rovers, and the
home stations it was pretty much chaos for the whole five hours I operated.

My best DX was DM22 on Two Meters (155 miles distant), but my best contact was
on 1296 where I had a contact into DM42 at 120 miles on 1 watt! I never heard or
worked anything out of state on any band, and all of my contacts were on SSB or
FM.

Anyhow, a great time was had by all, and the Arizona SOTA ops had a great time.

Thanks to all for working us!

73

Pete
WA7JTM/QRP Portable DM33