[3830] CQ160 CW AC6DD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, acsixdd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW AC6DD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 17:06:58 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: AC6DD
Operator(s): AC6DD
Station: AC6DD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

Total:  QSOs = 694  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 31  Total Score = 193,844

Club:

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

It was a beautiful weekend at the Piedras Blancas Lighthouse,  even topping last
year's fantastic weather.
Coated with sun screen and a cooler full of beer at arms reach we started
setting up on Thursday around noon.
Not even the US Government shutdown could stop this contest operation, we
proceeded as planned.

For a change absolutely nothing broke,  everything worked, no arcing antennas,
no wind breaking stuff, the K3 was working fine, no one knocked over a power
line etc.  The poor conditions on the first night, which improved some on the
second night made it a long weekend.
There was so much dead time on the second night that I dozed off for a while,
then woke up and scanned the band, called a few cq's and dozed off again.
Only 50 JA's were worked, about the same as last year, nothing from EU on the
first night, short opening on the second night.
This is what one hour worth of S&P around EU sunrise looks like from here:

These were the stations which made it into my log, but I only heard a few more
EU stations, and none from zone 15.  Just when I gave up on working DL,
as it was way past their sunrise DL6FBL comes through with a solid signal.
Not much made it in the log from Asia other than JA's on both nights.  The
exception being JT5LZ and six UA9.  Two BY stations and one HL were called many
times with no results.
As far as Oceania goes ZM4T, ZL4AS, VK6VZ, E51DWC, and four KH6 stations all
came back to my CQ.
9M6NA was heard on both nights for hours on end with a solid signal an was a
pleasure to listen to his top notch operating style.

I took me some four or five hours to get it all dismantled and was at home by
14:00 on Sunday.

Countries worked: 9M6, C6, CO, CN, CT3, D4, DL, E5/s, EA8, EI, FM, G, GI, GM,
HK, JA, JT, K, KH6, KL7, KP2, KP4, OA, P4, PA, PJ2, PJ4, UA9, V3, VE, VK, XE,
ZL.
Missed SD, DC and some Canadian provinces.

K3
ACOM2000A
100' vertical
RX4S