[3830] MnQP K1RO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP K1RO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 16:02:34 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2019

Call: K1RO
Operator(s): K1RO
Station: K1RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:      24
   40:     105       12
   20:      73      103
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:     202      115  Mults = 86  Total Score = 54,524

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Well that was interesting. I got off to a much slower start than last year
because 20 meters stayed closed for the first hour and was marginal the second
hour. I saw a number of 80 meter spots at the start, but it was too late to hear
anyone. The first two hours netted 31 QSOs less than last year when 20 and 40
were in good shape and active the first couple hours.

However, I was able to work the mobiles on 40 CW throughout the day, with some
QRM from the RTTY contest. Activity was surprisingly steady. Every hour was
between 31 and 35 QSOs for the first 8 hours, and the last two hours were 24 and
29. 20 meters closed earlier than last year, and once again I couldn't work much
on 80 before the last 45 minutes, but then signals on 80 picked up well enough
to get several new counties. In the end I worked a few more contacts and
multipliers than last year.

The mobile/rover activity in this QSO party is simply amazing, especially
considering that it's Minnesota in January. I worked 17 different mobile/rover
stations, and they accounted for 224 of my QSOs! Tops were K0PC - 34, NE9U - 30,
N0HJZ - 25, N0IJ - 21 and KC0DMF - 19.

So close to the sweep..... missed TOD. From the APRS map, it looked like NU0W
spent a lot of time there, but I did not hear them once during the contest. I
believe N0IJ was there too, but that's one of the few counties in their
itinerary that I missed.

Thanks to the Minnesota stations and to the organizers for putting on a fun,
first-class event!