[3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile Single Xmtr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0pc@mchsi.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile Single Xmtr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2019 17:04:01 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2019

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: Mobile Single Xmtr LP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:      60
   40:     507
   20:     178
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:     745       0  Mults = 57  Total Score = 84,930

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

A reasonably successful outing for the MN QSO Party in 2019. The polar vortex
lifted just in time to let me set up the car in 17F temps (instead of -17F). All
the roads were in good shape and no mechanical issues came up. My only problem
was during the last hour of the contest. A heavy fog set in and my screwdriver
refused to tune on 80M in the fog. I thought the antenna was icing but I stopped
and it was just wet but still wouldn't tune. So I lost some time and rate on 80M
at the end.

QSO rates did their typical midday swoon but it seemed a little deeper this
year. I also lost rate the last hour messing with the antenna.
14Z - 72     19Z - 50
15Z - 81     20Z - 78
16Z - 82     21Z - 77
17Z - 73     22Z - 99
18Z - 68     23Z - 73

Thanks to the big hitters who followed along all day. Especially Mark, K1RO who
had an amazing 35 QSOs.
35 - K1RO
26 - W0BV
23 - K2SSS
22 - K0HNC
20 - N6MU, W5TM
17 - NS2N
16 - K4AMC, WX4MT
15 - WB9HFK

Thanks to everybody who participated and the Minnesota Wireless Association for
sponsoring the event.

73, Pat K0PC/M