[3830] RTTY WPX AC0C SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff@ac0c.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX AC0C SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 04:17:57 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  479
   40:  922
   20:  967
   15:   51
   10:    0
------------

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for the contacts to everyone who worked me.

This week's excitement came in the form of ice storms.  Beams a couple of days
before the contest were covered and the 80m 4SQ (wires suspended from ropes off
a tower) was useless.  Fortunately on Friday the sun came and with some wind the
ice was cleared just in time for the contest.  There was some kind of hash noise
on 80m that seemed to be related to the ice; QRN levels on 40m was fantastic and
that was needed as DX signals were generally weak here.

N1MM+ worked very well thanks to work by N2AMG to tame a call stack problem that
has made high rate work a struggle.  MANY THANKS TO RICK AND THE N1MM TEAM!!!

New for this contest was reliance on locally generated spots.  Built new PCs to
run RTTY skimmer last fall and it looks like the AMD 2700X has plenty of FPU
resources to make RTTY SKIM-SERVER happy.  And a day before the contest, I got
an idea of how to hook up a 2nd QS1R which would be tied to the shacks' main
antennas for the bands I was working at the moment but that turned out to be
harder to get going that expected but it's working fine and served well for the
last day of the contest.

If I were paranoid I would say that some are out to get me!  There was SSB on
40m, FT8, CW and PACTOR.  And I'm sure all tuning up on the bands was done on my
QRG.  :)

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com