[3830] RTTY WPX K5DU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, susan.k5du@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K5DU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 22:55:50 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: K5DU
Operator(s): K5DU
Station: K5DU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
   80:
   40:  699
   20: 1038
   15:   87
   10:
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I wasn't going to do this contest at all. My husband gave me a wonderful Begali
Key Paddle for Christmas and I have been trying to improve my CW skills every
day.

Then Dick Kriss AA5VU died suddenly. He was the only other RTTY enthusiast in
the CTDXCC. I felt compelled to operate for a bit. I sat down and stayed for the
entire contest.

Meanwhile out of the corner of my eye I kept seeing that shiny brass paddle with
the bright red levers and knew I would go back to CW after WPX RTTY.

Thanks to K5NA for feeding me, taking care of the technical stuff, and for the
key paddle.