[3830] CWopsT FM/K8BKM HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thammond@chartermi.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT FM/K8BKM HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:26:04 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Feb 13

Call: FM/K8BKM
Operator(s): K8BKM
Station: FM/K8BKM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FM
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  61
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  61  Mults = 61  Total Score = 3,721

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Arrived on FM last night around 7:30pm local. Waited a long time for luggage to
show up on the belt. Saw what looked like my bag but it had someone else's
luggage tags. I put it back on the belt. Many minutes later I was the only one
left and the bag that wasn't mine was the last one. Someone took a bag that
looks identical to mine! The airport tried calling this person but only got
voice mail. Sent an email, too. I got my rental car and went to the home of
Laurent, FM5BH, my host for the week, without my bag.

Got a tour of the house and the shack and had an 807 with Laurent. Operated a
simplex pileup on 80 for about an hour last night, practicing for the weekend
contest.

Got up this morning and fiddled with N1MM, programming macros and getting used
to the SO2R setup here. Ran a split frequency pileup for 30 minutes and then
participated in my first 1300z CWT. I only operated on 20 - I didn't check 15 or
40. Worked a lot of familiar calls.

Just got a call that my bag has been returned to the airport so I'm off to get
my clothes and change out of my winter duds and into some beach attire!

Might see you again at 1900z and 0300z. Look for me.

73, Tom
FM/K8BKM