[3830] ARRLDX CW K0ZR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kzerozr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0ZR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 21:39:10 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K0ZR
Operator(s): K0ZR
Station: K0ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Radios: SO2R

  160:   68    42
   80:  302    71
   40:  410    88
   20:  664    69
   15:  163    58
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1607   328  Total Score = 1,581,288

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Seems as though my luck is not holding the last several contests.  Things had
been going quite well until early Sunday morning when a high VSWR suddenly
developed on my 15m yagi.  Not knowing root cause and recognizing that for the
next several hours 15m was the "money band", I ceased operations.

Friday morning I found a problem in my active 4-square I use for receive on 160
&80m.  A pair of shorted JFETs.  Even with my 60+ year old eyes and fingers
I managed to extract the bad FETs, clear out the plated through holes, and
replace with new ones.  The array worked superbly and was one of the joys of the
contest for me.

Thanks for all the QSOs.  C U next time out.