[3830] ARRLDX CW W4QO SO Unlimited QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@w4qo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W4QO SO Unlimited QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:15:49 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W4QO
Operator(s): W4QO
Station: W4QO

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:  14     14
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  14     14  Total Score = 588

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

KX3 @ 5 watts.. Antenna was either an 80M horiz loop at 75 feet or an inverted L
with 16 radials.  The loop beat the L on every QSO.  Stations had more trouble
copying me on the L.

I used assistance (spotting, skimmers, etc) but there is no Single Band Assisted
so I guess I'm in the SO Unlimited (5 watts) category for QRP, comparing myself
to all the QRP multiband unlimited entries.  For the life of me, I do not
understand why QRP operations cannot have assistance on single bands.  We are
all hunt and pounce anyway.  But those are the rules. And besides, I don't do it
for the score, so I guess it doesn't matter!

I did all 14 contacts on 80M.  Worked 10 new 80M countries bringing my total to
81 on 80M at QRP.  Fernando de Noronha was the most interesting.  Not the
greatest DX but big pileup.  I spent a half hour with that one.  And worked him
by handing out on the "edge" of the pileup!